Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oldies but Goodies


Since about 9 I have been working on a speech that I have to give tomorrow and thank you notes. I always like to have something going on in the background and what did I find when browsing the channels?? DIRTY DANCING!!! I love love love this movie! I am 1 of 4 girls and we always used to want to watch it on our long road trips on vacation and my dad absolutely hated it. Of course he did; he has 4 girls. This definitely did not stop us. It is an all-time classic! Then, when I finally (it had been a while) took a shower and got to work on thank you notes, what other fabulous movie did I find?? A BED OF ROSES!! Good ole' Christian Slater. Such a sweet movie and perfect for writing thank you notes for our wedding shower. Oh love....I love love!

Rewind--
So lately I have discovered a new obsession. In all my 22 years I have never made stove-top oats. GASP, I know. They are incredible! Why had I not discovered these before?!

I woke up yesterday morning craving blueberry muffins, so I improvised. 

Blueberry Muffin Cream of Wheat
- 1 pkt. orig. cream of wheat
- 1/4 container plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c. water
- handful of blueberries (and a 1/2)
- xanthum gum
- 2 pkts. Splenda

YUMMMY!! It was exactly what I was going for. I was completely satisfied. Then this morning I tried another...

This was almost like Strawberry Shortcake in a mug.

This concoction was made with:
- 1/3 c. oat bran
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 container plain Greek yogurt
- xanthum gum
- 2 pkts. Splenda
- 5 chopped strawberries

I plan on making many more of these. I'll keep you updated on all my new recipes. 

Happy Wednesday!! I hope your day was as beautiful as mine. It was gorgeous outside today and I took full advantage of it. A 4 mile run, a 2.5 mile walk and lots of walking to class. I love being outdoors!! 

What's your favorite "oldie but goodie" movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment