Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sweaty Mess

Many of you may be asking yourself, "How could she limit that title to one day?," but I assure you it's been the result of 3 nasty days in the gym. I don't think that our gym, colloquially known as the "SLC," has turned on the AC yet. WHAT?!?! I know...it's crazy! I mean do they not think of the people like me who literally sweat 24/7? I get a sweatstache when involved in an intense conversation. I'm obviously gonna sweat like a champ while hard at work. Anyway, moral of the story is that the past 3 days in the gym have been incredibly sweaty. Today may have been the worst. As I was poundin the treadmill I thought I had a stray hair on my arm. When I looked down I realized that it was just a good amount of sweat drops making their way down my forearm. Do your arms sweat profusely? WOW!

Lets move on-- I started off this morning with a rather tasty breakfast. I decided to try something new with my oatmeal.
I added 1/2 a Tbsp of sugar-free syrup to my oatmeal and 1/2 a banana. It was accompanied by a mug of yummy peppermint tea. This breakfast was wonderful, but I'm not sure whether it was the right choice before going to my Aerobic Running class. Something just felt off today while I was running. I know this sounds silly, but for a while I literally felt like one of my legs was longer than the other. haha OK..I just laughed at myself for that, but I'm serious. I ended up getting a sweaty 4-mile run in, but it was pretty hard for me to get through.

After all my classes were over, I made myself buckle down and get some work done. I had lots of job searching, resume sending, textbook reading and presentation making to do. Oh yea and essay writing. School is super crazy right now and it's topped with the job search and wedding planning. After this afternoon I think I got a good handle on everything and feel a lot better. I'm a little less overwhelmed.

I took a break to walk with my good friend Michelle before a project meeting. Today was nice and warm so I worked up another good sweat while catching up on life.
This is Michelle and me at her birthday earlier this year. She is such an important person in my life!

After getting lots more work done, I walked to the grocery store to get a couple ingredients for my amazing dinner. It's definitely one of the top 5 best salads I've ever made. 
A mixture of mushrooms, kidney beans, raw ramen, feta, red onion, cauliflower and spinach. For the dressing I just added a little white wine vinegar and a scoop of pine nut hummus. It was appetizing and filling!


Work work work...after dinner that's just what I did again. I headed up to Common Grounds for a Ginseng Peppermint tea and some homework time with my good friend Sadie. Of course we mixed some fabulous conversation into our work, but all-in-all, it was very productive. I decided on my persuasive essay topic and got enough research done to allow me to unstress. 

I finished off the night with a small mug of Dryers Slow-Churned Cookies 'N' Cream. I am a total vanilla girl, but I'm not sure there's anything much better than Cookies 'N' Cream ice cream. Little secret for you...my favorite part of opening a new carton of ice cream is scooping the excess off the lid. For some reason it just tastes soo much better than the rest. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment