Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm Late, I'm Late, I'm Late

So sorry! I know I promised to make a post everyday, but I got a little sidetracked at the library last night and was just too exhausted when I got home. So even though this post is on Wednesday it will go with the Tuesday of Spring Break. Confusing?

Tuesday, March 9
Since I went to bed early and got a good amount of rest, I woke up bright and early for a good run. I don't know what it is about the beach, but I could run for forever. I'm not even running on the beach (not good for the knee), but it just feels so much better than running in Waco. I ran every morning last year too because I was preparing for the Bearathon, so I followed my same route. Being a little bit further down the beach than last year, it ended up being a 6 mile run. FELT FABULOUS!! The morning was pretty foggy and overcast so I finished the run by walking on the beach. The waves were enormous and the sky was beautiful! The other girls had gone for a walk to Starbucks, so I rinsed off, ate breakfast, and did a quiet time before everyone got back. Oh the productivity!! After everyone got back to the condo we attempted going out on the beach....we shivered for about 10 minutes before we decided no matter how much we wanted a tan, we just couldn't do it!

The day ended up being a rest day with some good movie watching. It was a good day for me to catch up on blog reading! I don't know about you, but I just cannot sit around for very long. I get ansy and feel like there are just so many other things I could be doing. I suggested the outlet mall. My group wasn't really into shopping, but it was probably a good thing because it prevented me from buying out JCREW. Now if I had been with my mom and sisters we would have shopped til we dropped! Believe it or not, I only made one purchase the whole time we were there! My credit card loved me! I did have to stop by Starbucks before we headed back to the condo. The temperature dropped a good 10 degrees and started raining as we were leaving, so I needed a little comfort. The rest of the day was filled with another movie and some sleep.

FINALLY--- dinner time!! We all got ready and headed to the Crab Shack. YUMMM!! Anything seafood is just so wonderful for me!

We were kind of sad because they put us in the corner ("Nobody puts baby in the corner!"). We were the social crowd on the trip, but we still had a lot of fun! 

After dinner we went back to the house to hang out before we headed over to a friend's party. Why is it that girls have soo much fun when we are doing absolutely nothing at all?!?! We had the best times just hanging out at the house together!!



After playing at home for a while we went over to a HUGE house that the Fiji guys from Baylor were staying in. I ended up talking to Ben in the bathroom for most of the time we were there but I had to take advantage of the opportunity. We hadn't talked in forever!! We really didn't know that many people there, so a few of us left and went home to enjoy each other's company again. I seriously can't express how thankful I am for these ladies and how much fun we have together! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment