Friday, July 30, 2010

Relax and Recover

After a fabulous night of fun with all of my best friends, I definitely needed to recover before the big day. I woke up bright and early on Saturday morning and headed to the hotel gym to get a good workout in and sweat off some funfetti cake. It was the perfect start to another day of pre-wedding activities.

We all got ready at the hotel and headed over to the Bridal Brunch at my favorite...Breadwinner's. If you live in the Dallas area and have not been to Breadwinner's, you need to make a special trip. It is DELICIOUS!! Karen, my mother-in-law, had everything set up so cute when we got there. Everyone had a daisy (my flowers) at the place with a picture of them with me. Isn't that such a cute idea?!

I had my favorite, the fruit platter. It was perfect for the day of detox that I needed. There were several other things to choose from and the brunch was a huge success. Karen and I decided that I wanted my Guest Book to be more of a coffee table book with pictures and lines in the back pages to sign and in all of the other wedding festivities I had completely forgotten about it. She surprised me at the brunch with the book and I could not have been happier!! It will be the centerpiece of our living room!

All of my wonderful bridesmaids

Sisters and Mama

After giving my bridesmaids, house party and hostess their gifts we headed back to mi casa to get some honeymoon packing done before our mani/pedi appointments. My poor nail salon...we all walked in in the matching shirts my bridal party made and loud as always. I'm sure they were overwhelmed. 

Aren't the shirts cute?! The front was me in a chef hat! 


We had a lot of fun at the nail salon. I don't usually get manicures and pedicures, so it's always such a treat and so relaxing. My mom is usually the one who has to say "OO Natalie, you need your nails and toenails done!" :) 

It took quite a while to get all of our nails and toes done, but I was glad to not have too much down time before the rehearsal. I didn't really talk to Ben all day (it's more fun!), so I was super anxious to see him and didn't need more time to think about it. When we got home I had just enough time to get a few things in order and then get ready for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. That's to come later...

MARRIAGE UPDATE: It's amazing and even though it's an adjustment getting used to living with a boy, I fall more in love with Ben everyday. I cooked for friends last night for the first time and we finally got cable and internet. It was a big day!! Anyway, I love marriage and I love Ben! 

No comments:

Post a Comment