Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Weekend Recap

I apologize for my absence but things have been EXTREMELY busy. Lets just say I'm pretty ready for graduation when I no longer have anymore tests. They're overwhelming my life right now! All school activities are consuming me. Look at this schedule:

Tues, 3/23- CRM Midterm (killer)
Wedn, 3/24- Bear Faire (get cap and gown and all graduation things)
Thurs, 3/24- Mass Comm Test, leave on S3 trip
Weekend 3/26-28- S3 trip, travel b/w Waco, Houston and New Orleans 
Tues, 3/30- Negotiations Test, Strategic Management Presentation
EASTER WEEKEND!!!! 

Holy Moly! I'll try and squeeze in a couple posts between now and Easter Weekend, but it might be a little difficult so forgive me if I fail. Anyway, this past weekend was A-MAZING, so I'd like to give you a little recap. 

Friday-- I left after my 11:15 class and headed for Denton to see my fabulous fiance. I seriously could not get there fast enough. We've gone longer without seeing each other, but these 2 weeks seemed like FOREVER. 108 days til the wedding!! After some good hang out time and running an errand, we went grocery shopping for the big dinner we were cooking for my sister, her husband and our two married best friends Brenda and Landon. It wasn't long after we got back to the house that Christie and Taylor (my sister and brother-in-law) arrived. Taylor is our photographer for the wedding and had Save-the-Date ideas to show us! He is an incredible photographer! I loved them and I cannot wait to get them in the mail! Here's a sample of one of our engagement photos...
Sorry if you don't like PDA. 

Ben and Taylor have gotten really close and I'm soo excited for that since they'll be family very soon. They talked photography and cameras while Christie and I got in some good sister time chatting. Then, I got down to business on my broccoli salad. Have you ever made this? Wow--it's addicting! Raw broccoli, craisins, sunflower seeds, halved grapes, celery and a delicious dressing made with light mayo, yogurt and white vinegar. I love this stuff and you even feel healthy eating it! Ben grilled venison steaks for all of us. These are my absolute new favorite things ever!! We also had harvest potatoes and bread...it was a delicious dinner for 6! I think we sat at the table and talked for almost an hour after we had all finished. It's soo nice that Ben and I already have married friends. I can't wait to invite them all over to our place when we get married. I love playing hostess!! We met up with Katie, Ben's sister, after dinner for some good ole' Beth Marie's...yummm. As usual I had a flavor I've never tried before and don't worry that after I paid, I looked at everyone else's cone and saw that they had more, so I asked for an extra scoop and paid again. :) After everyone embarrassed me (talking about marriage stuff) while we ate our ice cream, we went home and played Apples to Apples. I'm usually not very good at this game, but I improved and even won the second round. TAKE THAT BEN!! (him and Landon always win) Christie and Taylor had a long drive home, so they had to leave, but Brenda and Landon stayed and we all watched "Law Abiding Citizen." If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it. It's so intense and a bit bloody, but it is legit! 

Saturday-- I slept in til 9 and it felt great. I can never sleep in anymore. I think the rain had something to do with it. I decided I'd go out for a morning run while everyone else was still sleeping. Little did I know that the weather had switched from a fabulous 70 degrees the day before to a windy, cold freezing. Make up your mind Texas!! I toughed it out and went on a quick 3 mile run. I guess the wind and cold inspired me because I finished in my fastest time in a while...24 minutes. 

Ben and I had a big day in Dallas planned, so after waking him up and both eating a quick breakfast, we got some quick shower details taken care of and were on our way to the other big D. We were both pumped for a lunch at our favorite spot...




Any guesses?!?! EATZI'S!!! Sweet Deliciousness...this place is amazing!! It's a market and bakery where you can buy groceries and such, but they also have a big salad and sandwich area where you can build a lunch. Ben always gets a sandwich on their special "bone bread" and I always get a spinach salad with their incredible salmon. MMMM! We had a great lunch and then headed to Northpark for a very exciting purpose...buying his wedding band! I definitely learned how different boys and girls are. We didn't have to shop around much before he decided on the one he wanted and I purchased it. Ben was a little upset when I got the grand total. Apparently there's a big difference in engagement ring and wedding band prices...whoops. I told him I'm worth it.

We spent the rest of the afternoon running errands. Ben was even kind enough to stomach a trip to Super Target so I could get a new nailpolish color and ingredients to make the fam some Oatmeal Scotchies. Of course, we were sure to be parked in front of the television by 4:50 when the Baylor Bears were representin. I started baking after half-time and when the game was over and we were deciding on dinner options, Ben scarfed down 2 cookies. I was a total mom and told him not to ruin his dinner. He didn't listen. We were both feeling pizza so I took him to Fireside Pies. I love the feel of this place. I got the Peta Pie with no mozzarella (I know I know, I'm weird). 
It has Sonoma Goat Cheese, Balsamic Mustard Portobellas, Arugula, Roasted Red Peppers, Roasted Pinon Nuts, Arugula, and Charred Tomato Vinaigrette. 

It was an alright pizza but I'm sure it would have been better with the mozzarella. Next time I'm gonna try the Balsamic Roasted Chicken pizza. Christie and Taylor split it and it looked delicious. When we walked outside after dinner it was seriously snowing. What the heck Texas!! Christie and I drove to the airport to pick up the fam. They were getting in from their trip to Steamboat. Taylor and Ben decided to go on a photography expedition. I wasn't really paying attention to how hard it was snowing on the drive because I was pretty focused on the road, but when we got to the airport the ground was white. The snowfall just kept picking up throughout the night. We were all pretty amazed. Oh and the fam loved the Oatmeal Scotchies when they got home. They were pretty starved from their long day of travel. 

Sunday-- This is what I woke up to...

WHAT?!?! Don't worry that the only shoes I brought home besides tennis shoes were flip-flops. I had to scrounge up a fleece and some closed-toe shoes for church. After staring out the kitchen window at this sight in amazement, I whipped up some blueberry muffins for Ben and my little sister. We all bundled up (me in a short-sleeve shirt and fleece) and headed out the door for church. I made sure we got there a little early so I could play with my niece, Annie, for a little bit before the service. She is soo stinkin cute!! 

This is her at Christmas. I mean how could you NOT love her?!?!

The debate for a lunch place was minimal this week. Ben's always pretty helpful when he's there. He's not into all of the back-and-forth debate so he settles it pretty quickly. We decided on the new Pot Belly's that opened on Greenville. I love Pot Belly's! I usually get a skinny turkey, but decided to venture back to my favorite tuna. I usually don't like tuna at restaurants because it's too mayonnaisey and heavy, but they use albacore tuna and minimal mayo plus you can get it on skinny bread. They also have my favorite mustard, so needless to say I enjoyed lunch. I even ran into my high school Young Life leader with her husband and 2 kids. I love surprises like that!! 

We had a date with the florist at 3, so we went home and worked on some guest list stuff before we had to leave. Guest lists are by far the hardest part of planning a wedding. We finally got the final draft finished and all is well. I was super excited for Ben to meet the florist. I love them!! We had a great meeting at Starbucks (I got some fab Vanilla Rooibos tea) and headed home to be bums and enjoy March Madness. 

I've told you before that Sunday's are breakfast for dinner and since Ben was there I decided to make a big dinner for him and my dad. I always enjoy cereal, but he made it clear he did not want cereal for dinner. While they finished watching bball, I made pancakes, sausage and scrambled eggs. They loved it! We then had a family game session before Ben had to head home. Weekends when I'm in town are usually split between Denton and Dallas and Ben and I have to part ways for a day or two. This weekend we spent the entire time side-by-side. It was wonderful and I'll admit I cried a little when he left. All in all it was a FABULOUS weekend!!! Can't wait for Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment